HANDY HINTS AND USEFUL INFORMATION FROM PAAL KIT HOMES
- We'll help you develop your ideal site
- Your Home Project is Precisely Managed
- Landscaping to make an impression
- Collect home ideas that inspire you
- Let there be light
- Why Build with PAAL Kit Homes
- Not All Whites Are White
- The Magic Kitchen Triangle
- Find your perfect exterior colour scheme
- Your personalised home kit – just as you like it
- Paal provides home kits – and much more
- Paal is the best bushfire compliance partner
- Visit your local council first
- Ensure you build on a firm foundation
- Being wise with your house plans
- Commonly asked Home Questions
- Paal will help with your BASIX assessment
- What is Owner Building?
- Six facts you should know about kit homes
- DIY tips for building your kit home
- Learn how to become an owner builder
- Key questions to ask before choosing a kit home
- Some of the advantages of building a kit home
- Benefits of Steel Frame Kit Homes
- 10 Easy Steps to Building Your Own PAAL Kit Home
- Bushfire Flame Zone upgrade now available
- To Fully Appreciate Your New Home, You Must See it for Yourself
- Tips for Success When Building a Kit Home
- Options for Building a Kit Home
- Six Advantages of Steel Frame Kit Homes
- The NSW Owner-Builder Permit
- Four Things to Consider When Comparing Kit Homes
Key questions to ask before choosing a kit home
20 August 2015
How long will it take to build?
The length of the build depends on your commitment of time to the project. Some of Paal’s homes have been completed in just nine weeks from commencement of the framing, due to a focused effort by their owners. Other Paal builders have alternative commitments and prefer to spread out their project.
How much of the home should I attempt myself?
This is very much an individual choice. Some owner builders embrace the challenge of doing almost everything. Others are time poor and would rather delegate some or all of the construction tasks to tradespeople, while managing the project themselves. Both types of Paal builders report high degrees of satisfaction in completing their home.
When do I pay for my home?
Payment occurs in steps. The four stages are:
- 5% deposit on order.
This gets the plans underway.
- 10% progress payment six weeks prior to the first or ‘lock-up stage’ delivery.
This puts the kit into production.
- 50% approximately at the time of that first delivery, depending on the size of the home.
- 35% approximately being the balance due on order of the second delivery (internals).
Will I save money if I buy a kit home?
Labour is a large component of the cost of any new home, so by contributing your own time and effort you can save plenty. $80,000 is a typical cost benefit, although owner builders on some of our large homes have achieved savings of $150,000 or more. It’s up to you.
Can we change Paal’s designs to suit ourselves?
Yes, you certainly can. Many owner builders bring in their own ideas from magazines or sketched on a sheet of paper. Our housing consultants will select the Paal design closest to your wishes, then amend the plans on-screen until your dream home comes alive. Paal’s consultants design using unique 3D CAD software that allows them to create the dream house you want. There is no need to employ an expensive architect.
Do I have to accept the whole Paal kit?
You can take as much or as little as you wish and Paal will credit the cost of the deducted items. Some people have their own specific ideas for kitchens, doors and other such fittings. They are free to substitute those items for the standard components in the kit.
Having said that, Paal provides a very wide range of finishes and fittings and you probably won’t have any trouble finding what you like in our online selection.
What happens if I can’t complete my home?
Paal’s guarantee is :
“We guarantee that any Paal kit home can be built by following our detailed and customised instructions and plans. We say so in writing and we are the only kit home supplier who gives such a guarantee.”
Paal is always there to support you during the building process and to ensure you will never get stuck.
Back to Blog